Again about Mahound: I agree that there is some connection with the orient
and the prophet Mahomet. What I meant is that as far as I remember this is
not obvious in the mystery plays themselves, where he is just  a (pagan)
god for bad figures to swear by. In this sense I think the use of the name
"Mahound" is no "orientalism" because it is not used
to evoke oriental associations but rather to characterize the figure
using the name as bad and / or pagan. But I'll have a fresh look at the
texts and am ready to be convinced of the contrary, if necessary.

Heike Holenweg