in the teen-aged adventure stories I read (which were often my parents'
old copies of P.C. Wren stories), the Tuareg tribesmen wore blue veils in
the desert heat..... I think it was the Picts who painted their faces
blue, but that too is a woad story

A.

Dr Abigail Ann Young, Records of Early English Drama| [log in to unmask]
Victoria College, University of Toronto             | utoronto.ca|
http://www.epas.utoronto.ca/~reed/reed.html  || Home pages for REED & REED-L
http://www.epas.utoronto.ca/~reed/reed-l.html|| Try 'em, you'll like 'em