You wrote:

>        I would appreciate comments/suggestions from any fellow member
of
>the Exchange Network who is using (or has used) chelation therapy as
to its
>effectiveness in treating Parkinson's Disease.  I'm in the early
stages of
>PD, currently using Eldepryl and Klonopin for muscular aches.  I just
>started to take vitamins specifically to discourage cell oxidation and
>harmful actions of free radicals.
>
>        I'm considering trying chelation therapy here in Hawaii.  Have
any
>of you been treated by a doctor here in "paradise" (or know of a
doctor)
>with good results?  If so--who is the physician?
>
>        As we say in the islands, "mahalo nui loa"--which is Hawaiian
for
>"thank you very much."
>
>        Robyn Johnson  winner @maui.net

Chelation therapy has been discredited for the treatmnt of *any*
condition except certain kinds of heavy metal poisoning (lead, arsenic,
etc.).  It is not even used for this much anymore (kidney dialysis is
better). Most of the articles touting it for PD (and other conditions)
are in "fringe" journals and many date back many years.  Use extreme
caution and watch your wallet!

Best,

Bob
--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
World Wide Web:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"