I noticed the tremor in my hand and thought it was a chill.
Spring came round and the doctor said "you need to try this pill".
The medicine was not to bad, it made my hand be still.
I was not told of how it worked nor of the final bill.
I was not given what I needed most, hope for a shattered will.

While learning something new a list I chanced upon,
it told of where help could be found, a place called Parkinson.
When I arrived I was surprised to find so many there.
People offered love and information, and hope to conquer fear.
Now I know I'm not alone and fear I'll hold at bay.
I'll take one step and then the next, living from day to day.

http://rampages.onramp.net/~mgiles/