Jeffrey,

Good luck to you! Pallidal stimulation sounds more attractive to me than
the pallidotomy because it's safer and reversible.  Too bad it's
experimental and not covered by insurance, but then the pallidotomy isn't
any more either.  Dr. Kohler sounds like a fine doctor, so you should be
in good hands.  Be sure to keep us posted.

Loved your quote from the Oracle.  I just finished teaching Oedipus Rex
to my literature class, so I plan to use the quote tomorrow.

Bad joke: Ques: Do you know why Oedipus had to take Prozac?
          Answer: Because he was such a nervous Rex.
          Ouch!

Pat