Steven E. Mayer:  I was very interested in your description of the phases of
your hallucinations - early: transparent floaters in both eyes.  Later: more
dense floating projections.  I didn't see Ms Khauser's message.

I've had "diagnosed" PD for l0 years.  I was started on a very small dose of
Sinemet 2X day.  I stopped it after two days because I was frightened by the
extreme startling effect.  I did not take anything except Eldepryl from
thereon in until l993 when I stopped Eldepryl.  I had no more episodes of
startling after stopping Sinemet.  I started on Sinemet in l994.  I did not
experience heightened awareness (startle effect) until recently.

My occasional visual symptom is like some transparent thing draped in white
cheesecloth like a small ghost floating quickly by in my peripheral vision -
from front to back and disappearing all in a second or two.  Sometimes I
immediately start trying to see what "real" thing makes this happen and it
has usually been triggered by a reflection of light on the silver ear piece
of my glasses.  It usually startles me but less and less as I get used to it.
 None of my ghosts stop to talk thank goodness.

I believe Sinemet is to blame.  It doesn't happen often (probably has
happened six times so far) and the brief startling doesn't frighten me so if
it stays quiescent I am satisfied.   How are you?

Regards,
Barbara Yacos, R.N.
Hanover, N.H.