     I wanted to let everybody know about a change in the Emory Pallidotomy
program.  They called us yesterday and said Stan could have the surgery on
Monday - next week!!!!  So we are going this afternoon (Wed) and will return
next Thursday.
     The main reason we were moved up is that Medicare has recently stopped
paying for the Pallidotomy surgery and they had to pass over many
non-research protocol patients who were waiting.  I guess even young PD
patients might be on Medicare because of disability.  It's really sad for
all the people waiting and I hope we all will voice our disapproval to
Congress for this action by Medicare.
     Fortunately, we have private health insurance (Blue Cross) and they
will cover it.  The cost is $40-45,000 - incredible isn't it?
     I'll let you know how the surgery turns out.

     Regards,

     Susan Hamburger
It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the
best, you very often get it.
                     W. Somerset Maughm