> Where can one find the article you refer to about alcohol and the PD
> patient?  The subject of brain chemistry and emotions is fascinating.  I'd
> like to read more about it.

Dear Clara,

        Sorry that I'm so late in responding to you, but I was looking
for the article that I quoted.  Of course, I couldn't find it in the OU
library, but then their medical journal archives are not all that great.

        I heard the study quoted on the radio one morning.  It should be
easy to find in a medical library.  I'll keep looking and if I'm
successful I'll let you know.

        The whole business about women and depression fascinates me.  I
had a hysterectomy four years ago, and was put on depo-provera for a
time.  I have never been depressed in my live, but for the first time I
had an entire day when I was "down."  I was also famished all of the time
and had a great deal of difficulty maintaining my 'don't eat in between
meals rule.'  The upshot was that I refused to take the following doses
of the med, and my symptoms stopped.  I realized that there are women who
deal with depression and over eating simply because they may have too
much progesterone in their systems--for me a remarkable illumination.
----
Peace
Mary Ann