Bob Howard:

Based on your definition of pill requirements for your wife, I would guess
she is taking 10 - 15 of the Sinemet 25/100 rgular.  If so, she may be
expeeriencing carbidopa tocity.  When carbidopa exceeds 200 mg daily for some
reason levodopa seems to lose much of its value.  If you  throw in all the
other possible factors that can effect pill procesing, anything may happeen.

I would suggest she start the day using 25/100 pills, but limit it to two
pills.  The rest of the day use Sinemet 10/100 regular.  I think she will
find the medicine much more effective and her needs for sinemet reduced..
 The objdective is to keep carbidopa between 75 mg and at most 200 mg daily.
 The best target is around 100 - 125 mg.

If this does not work (try it for about two weeks) she may need to go to
liquid sinemet.

One other possibility is that she has some depression.   This can limit the
effectiveness of all drugs.

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])
San Ramon, CA (near San Francisco)