About a week ago someone asked if anyone had experienced their medicine
being "used up" more quickly by exercise.  I remember reading a short
study (in UK I think) where subjects exercised following PD medication.
I can't find the study again but as I remember it some patients were
not affected, 1/3 experienced early return of PD symptoms and 1/3
experienced a later onset of PD symptoms.  As a result of the parkinsn
net inquiry I have been experimenting and I find that for myself if
I delay taking sinemet until after morning hour workout I feel better.
I also then delay the afternoon dose and find I sleep better that night.
I had noticed that if I took morning dose before workout my arm tremors
were much worse.... Thank you, whoever made the inquiry, you got me
feeling much better!  I can't believe that such a slight change in dose
and exercise timing would help me so much.
Margaret Mates    PD 2 years