Dear Helen Spence,

About your question on controlling tremour  (or tremor as we U.S. yahoos
spell it):

>Lately my fiance, Harry (55 yrs. 3 yrs diag) has been having much worse
>(actually, 'severe') right arm tremour. We would really appreciate
>hearing any success or methods anybody has found useful in helping
>or'calming'the tremour?

He might consider learning T'ai Chi.  Of course it's not for everyone, but
I've become a rabid fan and I feel it helps a lot.  It's free, can be done
anywhere, is totally under your own control, has no side effects, and  it
works! -- at least for some.  A few weeks ago I met a 61-year old man, who
has had PD for 15 years, and has been studying & teaching T'ai Chi for 12
years.  He showed me  how  he could  focus  his awareness and make his hand
tremor at least slow down, or often completely stop it.  It takes a long
time to learn the basics of T'ai Chi, and it takes a lifetime to learn how
it can be woven into everyday life.  To me that makes it more interesting
than a standard  exercise program, so it increases the odds of my actually
sticking  with it.  This is beginning to sound like an ad, but I'm not
ashamed to be an advocate, though not an advertiser.  Just a thought.

Mary Yost, 47, PD 5years, Tai Chi  2years,  "serious" singing student for 1 year