Good luck to you and your dad.  Our dad (there are five of us kids) had a
pallidotomy done last week in Oakland, CA by Dr. Tamas.  I was very impressed
by the neurosurgeons caring manner as well as his skill-quite a rare
combination it seems.  Anyways, our Dad technically did well with the surgery
itself, and has had significant reduction in his dyskenesia's.  However, he
has had some speech problems.  I think part of recovery and outcome has to do
with age and condition going in.  Again, best wishes for a successful outcome