>>4.  Opinions of going out of state for help or surgery. We
are considering
    Dr. Patrick Kelly in New York or Dr. William Koller in
Kansas.

In a recent article by Dr. Kelly I was impressed when he
advised patients
considering surgery "to look for the artist". I see a fine
line between an
artist and a craftsman.  Craftsmen get to the fine line and
don't go above
it.  To be an artist you must get to that fine line as a
craftsman-and then
you must go above it.  My hope is to put my father in the
hands of a doctor
who is an "artist" as a surgeon and a person.  I do not want
him to be a
statistic in a research project.  Thank you for reading this
long message.

Vernice [log in to unmask]<<

I don't know Dr. Koller, but Dr. Patrick Kelly is one of the
finest neurosurgeons *and* people that I know!  You cannot
go wrong with him.

Best,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
World Wide Web:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"