Greetings!

I have a few questions for my fellow PDers.

1. Since YOPDers face many years on meds it vastly increases the likelihood that
the meds (especially L-dapa containing meds such as Sinemet) will fail at some
point either through freezing or debilitating dyskinesias.  Presently the only
treatments for these conditions are pallidotomy and thallamotomy which place
permanent lesions in the brain.  My Question is what would the resulting lesions
do to a Non-PD individual?  Brain damage is incured, what ability is lost?

2. Are there any recognized leading physians in the area of YOPD? (Name,
Address, Email, Phone #)

3. Any Movment Disorder Centers in the Mid-Atlantic region?

4. Is DHEA just a scam?  Are there any ongoing clinical trials using this stuff
for PD?

Much thanks for your time and responses,

Terry

Terry Brennan 38/+7
Gaithersburg, Maryland
[log in to unmask] or