Terry Brennen

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Would pallidotomy harm a non-PD person?
     It is my understanding that the location of the lesion in the
pallidotomy is in an area that should have little or no activity.  Creating
the lesion should not be a concern if this is he case.  Just a comment on
YOPD.  It is true that we will have PD longer than normal or late onset, but
you must realize that progression in YOPD is slower.  Other differences are
YOPD usually has dyskinesia where this is of a lesser concern for others.
 YOPD is less likely to have mental problems like hallucations,etc.  In any
case the road is not smooth.

2.  Ten years ago YOPD was considered rare and often misdiagnosed.  Today
there are many with YOPD.  As a result at least the larger medical facilities
will have a good understanding of PD in the young.  As one neruologist told
me years ago, his skills are in treating his patients.  If you don't have a
patient with disease X, the neurologist has only a passing interest in that
disease.

3,  I live on the West Coast where we are watching the flowers bloom and
enjoying temps in the upper 70s.  Someone else can answer this.

4.  DHEA - I will also beg off this question

Regards,
Alan Bonander
San Francisco Bay Area