Dear Pat,
I do not have PD but have had my share of Panic
Attacks.  They are scary as anything and I think it is
almost impoossible to understand what they are like
unless you have had the experience.
I wish there was something that I could tell you to help.
Unfortunately there is no way you can pin down what
caused those panic attacks when they happened.  You can't say
"Oh it was because of that dream or the discussion I had with
my partner before bed." It is complex and they can happen for many
reasons.
 Every person's body deals with stress
in different ways and our brains get a certain inbalance and that
sets of the panic.  I have had my share and all I can offer you is
what I have found helpful.  I notice that I am more at risk for an
attack if I am hungry (or have not been eating well), tired, and
at certain times of the month.  I can now rate them on a scale of
1-10 in severity.  Often just leaving a room or beginning a new
task can stop a small one. Also simply telling someone I trust
how I am feeling sometimes helps.  Medicines most definitely
help and you can have some on hand just in case - if you decide
it is not something you need regularly.  I am no doctor but there
is plenty out there to read about Panic attacks.  That helps too.

Rachael
Rachael Albert
Account Coordinator
The Monster Board