I'm  new member who has had PD almost 20 years - I got it when I was 40. I'm
still doing quite well which should encourage some of those  who got it
young. Although I have some trouble with "offs" sometimes, I just try to keep
a positive  attitude and remind myself that it won't last forever! I can
still jog and cross country ski - (I skied for 2 1/4 hours this weekend!)
 One thing i''m taking which might be of interest to others is a natural
enzyme called CoQ10 as well as nicotinamide with it. (You can get it at
health food stores or in catalogues.) I started aboutthree years ago and it
made a huge difference for me. I had much more energy, my voice never got
weak a ny more, my "offs" were less severe, my dyskinesia less severe, and in
general, i felt 100% better. A lot of people remarked about how well I looked
after I started it. There is a study going on now at MIT on it - apparently
the doctors know it works, but don't know why or how. I recommend that
everyone try it. (It doesn't seem t help everybody)> You should take at least
60mg a day- I take 100. i read an article that said that it works even better
with nicotinamide, so I tried that too.  Ii think i noiced a difference,
although it's been so long ago that I can't remember exactly.  While we're on
the subject of natural remedies, I also take gingo baloba  which is supposed
to help brain function. I feel much less "thick" - before I took it I was
having a lot of trouble remembering things I just read or heard, and
following logical argements in consequence. I suppose it could be all in my
imagination, but I really do notice a difference I'd be interested in hearing
if other people have had any experience with natural remedies..