Stan Hamburger underwent his pallidotomy Monday and is doing fine.
I just talked with my sister, Terrie Whitling, at Emory. She has talked
with Stan and Susan and says the surgery went exteremely well.
Terrie is 41 yr old and was diagnosed with PD about 7 years ago.  Her
symptoms started at about the age of 30.  She had a pallidotomy in
October of 1993.  As she says, that procedure gave her her life back.
Prior to surgery she was in a wheel chair.  She had maybe 2 good hours
a day.  She was forced to quit her job as a medical social worker and
required someone to help her with daily living.  Five months after surgery
she went to work for the neurology dept. at Emory.  I hope the surgery
works the wonders for Stan that it did for Terrie.

Gail Simpson ([log in to unmask])