Thanks so much for your responses.  The fact that so many pd patients
seem to experience panic attacks would indicate, I think, that there is a
relationship.  I plan to try the blue glasses first, though I guess in
the middle of the night I'll have to turn the light on.  I'll also get a
copy of the Merck manual and read up on the subject.  My neuro hasn't
seemed very concerned when I told him about the attacks, and didn't
suggest any medication.

Nancy, I was glad to hear from you.  Your husband was very helpful to me
in Washington when I was rushing to catch a plane.  Please give him my
regards.  I'm so glad your pallidotomy was successful.  I had to laugh at
your mention of the ativans, though.  Both my mother and aunt are
addicted to them, and I've always vowed to avoid them after seeing how
they were affected.  I'm sure they'd make me feel better, and that's what
scares me about them!  I guess we can say we're addicted to sinemet, too,
though, and I'd hate to do without them.

I get more information from you folks than any of the doctors I talk
to.  I appreciate the input and plan to adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

Pat