From: [log in to unmask] (Kivanc Torun)
Subject: Re: your mail
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:07:24 +0300 (GMT+3:00)

A Turkish proverb says"Don't ask what the illness is to a doctor,ask it to a
patient!"
They may know what should be done and they tell it to us,but we experience it!
I don't have a real contact with my doctor in Turkey!She says"How are you,Kivanc
 and I reply "fine,thanks and you?"and i try to tell my problems and she says
"there is nothing to do more.You should get accustomed!"Thanks!"
I agree with you that we know more than the doctors so we are the doctors of
ourselves.bYE-BYE!

> Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 19:42:09 -0500
> From: judith guttman <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re:      Michel Margosis and Neurologists
>
> I take the position that we are always responsible for our care. I have seen
> too many mistakes to feel safe otherwise. I saw my daughter almost die because
> a doctor who prescribed an anticonvulsant for her also prescribed an
>
> <---- Begin Included Message ---->
> Date:         Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:54:43 -0500
> From: Robert Naylor <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Michel Margosis and Neurologists
>
> Michel Margosis writes
>
> I should not meddle in this, but I worry about people who get into a tizzy
> and gad about to find out what to do about PD.  If you get an answer from
> each of us on the list, you would need to statiscally determine the best

> My reply is
>
>     I wonder how you will feel when your wife reaches the advanced
> Parkinson's stage and your neurologist can't do any more for her.
>
>     I am fortunate to have a neurologist who realizes that the caregiver and
> the neurologist must work together as a team.
>
>     This Parkinson's support group it doing a wonderful job and everyone
> concerned, especially Barb P. should be congratulated for making a
> worthwhile contribution to Parkinson's.
>
>   From Robert Naylor spouse and caregiver of Olive Naylor Age 73 Parkinsons
> 19 years.
>       E-Mail ([log in to unmask])
>

> <---- End Included Message ---->
>

> Judith
>
> Judith A Guttman
> 122 G Street SW                         "...we are wound
> Washington DC  20024                    with mercy round and round
> [log in to unmask]                 as if with air" -- Hopkins

Kivanc Torun
M.E.T.U.Ankara
Tel:2101298 Fax:2101411
e mail:[log in to unmask]