All:

I have been asked if I can find people who have experienced or are currently
experiencing "End Stage PD".  Obviously these are care partners or
children/adult children of Parkinsonian parents.  The person requesting this
information is a nationally published writer in the field of health care
policy.  More important is that her husband was diagnosed with a combination
of PD and AD about three years ago.  He died last December.

She made some very interesting observations to me:

  1. Hospice treats the dying not the medical profession (non-hospice
doctors)
  2  Did you ever try to get a neurologist to make a house call? (see 1
above)
  3. Home health care is very physically difficult, financially draining and
emotionally bankrupting.

The list goes on.  I had to tell her as a patient and possibly eventual "End
Stage PD" person that I found this topic difficult.  So I am asking members
of this list if they can help or if you know someone who would be willing to
help.  There is almost nothing written on "End Stage PD" and this is an
opportunity to help the PD community.  When I say PD I mean PD and the all
the PD+ diseases also.

Please forward your/their name, address, phone number and preferred contact
time to me directly at [log in to unmask] and I will pass on the information.
  All names will be held in strictest confidence.

Regards,
Alan Bonander
Age 55, Diag 11 yrs, liquid meds, pallidotomy

PS:  Because the information gathered is for a project outside of this list,
I would expect the information will not be shared on this list.