Hello,

My name is Denise Forro and my mother has Parkinsons.  She is 77yrs old and
has had Parkinsons for about 17 yrs.  She has lived in a nursing home for
about 3 yrs due to complications with Parkinsons and other medical
conditions.  At first, the medication did a wonderful job.  My mother lived
in a retirement apartment and enjoyed a full, active life.  You could never
find her at home.  About 5 yrs ago, she started to have hallucinations,
delusions and was afraid to be alone.  We didn't know tht this was drug
related.  It was a very difficult time.  She would forget to take her
medicine (she is also diabetic), and eating became a haphazard deal.  AFter
consultation among family and doctors, it was decided that she needed 24 hr
care.  This also was VERY difficult.

WE now visit every day and try to track her condition since the nursing home
cannot keep as close a watch as we would like them to do.  She is not able
to move very much now an she has some good days, but most are not that good.
We recently tried to add a dose of Sinemet but had to go back to the
original dose because she started to become paranoid, and agressive towards
the staff.  This is not her personality at all, she has always been very
sweet and the staff noticed the difference right away.  I had them check her
for an infection before contacting her neurologist.  At this point, she
cannot take any of the other Parkinsons medication since she has an opposite
reaction to most meds.

I will not leave this message on a discouraged hote however.  Whe her
condition is controlled and she is not experiencing negative side affects,
her sense of humor keeps the staff laughing and they enjoy talking to her.
She loves to be with her family and enjoys spending time with her grandchildren.

My question:
I have heard about a liquid Sinemet which is absorbed more easily than the
tablet and does not have the same amount of side affects.  Does anyone know
about this medication??  I cannot seem to find anyone here who know about it
and I believe that I read about this medication in the Parkinsons literature
somewhere.

Thank you for being there and than you Barb for the welcome.

Denise Forro ([log in to unmask])