Thanks to those respondents re: depression and PD and support with my
grandfather.  Since I lost my mom 3 and 1/2 years yrs ago, and I don't have a
dad, my grandparents are very close to me.  Anyone who has any info, feel
free to e-mail me.  I appreciate the info. re: Pallidotomy - I have heard of
the surgery, although I don't think we are there yet, thank goodness.  I am
very concerned about the swallowing issues, because they are the most
"impairing", aside from the ever-present depression.

For those of you (and I am sure there are many) with voice problems, which
are very common from my professional experience, if you haven't sought help
from a speech pathologist, even for brief therapy, you should consider it!  I
have had wonderful success with people improving their voice - increased
loudness, and vocal variation, mostly.  THere are also a number of voice
amplifiers that make PD sufferers and caregivers' lives most improved!  I
will help as much as I can, but I do encourage you to talk to your
Neurologists or Primary MD's re: referrals.

As hopefully you all know, one very good thing is that PD sufferers have the
ability to "control" the disease progression by maintaining what you've got.
 The key is exercises and constant practice.  Not just for your arms and
legs, but for your facial and speech muscles as well.  There are many simple
programs or exercises you can do a few minutes a day that really work!

Thanks again!

Lisa ([log in to unmask])