Richard,

Thanks for all the great info.  I guess I must be having panic attacks
because I have most of the symptoms you mention.  The only thing I don't
understand is the fear, anxiety, dread, etc.  How can I have them when I
wake up from a sound sleep in the midst of an attack?  I'm not having
nightmares at the time that I can recall.  It seems a purely physical
reaction over which I seem to have little control.  However, after having
three rather close together I haven't had any during the past two days
and feel much more "normal," whatever that is for PDers.  At least the
problems I'm experiencing (on/off, etc.) are the ones I'm used to.
Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

Pat