At 04:13 PM 2/17/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:56:23 -0500
>>From: [log in to unmask]                    <this address not found >
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: PD
>
>>Are anyone here withdrawing from sinemet by substitutung Permax or some
>>other drug and what success are you having?
>
>The answer is YES !  I started taking very small doses 22 DEC 95.  I am
>up to 1.5mg of Permax / day.
>The experience has been hell especially when I start having
> of dyskenesia.
>
>My doc/neuro did not fully address what I might expect from the side
>effects.  So far I can't say that the Permax is doing me much good.
>
>Here I am at 3AM in the morning and not able to sleep.  I will sleep
>when I feel sleepy.
>
>That's enuf for now...

I was switched from sinemet to Permax after experiencing severe nausea and
vomiting on Sinemet.  I would have to echo the above experience.  It took
over 2 months of gradual build-up on the Permax to get me up to the
"theraputic" (per my neurol.) levels of 3 mg /day with consistent nausea,
insomnea, and daytime drowsiness.  The beneficial effects were barely
noticible.  I discontinued the Permax 2 months ago after over a year of
treatment and have felt much better, in particular, I can sleep again and
don't have the daytime haze and drowsiness I was experiencing.

Charlie Anjard
                         Always remember:

  When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember
        that the original objective was to drain the swamp!!