From:   Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf of Sherri
Cave
Sent:   Sunday, February 18, 1996 7:19 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: tired/B12

                                 RTK.NET Mail 125133   Feb 18 10:19:43 1996

I am active on a mailing-list something like this one for people with MS,
and B12 has come up quite a few times for helping with neurogenic fatigue.
This is only anecdotal evidence, of course, but while it seems like more
people are helped by Amantadine or Cylert, these drugs are little help for
many, and some of those people report being helped by B12.  They usually
have better results from the injections than the pills, and I think they
usually get their neurologists to prescribe it.  Of course, I know that the
mere process of giving myself an injection will often give me an adrenalin
rush, so perhaps the placebo effect is particularly powerful in this instance.

Prolonged B12 deficiency can cause fatigue and a number of other neurological
symptoms, so it may be a good idea to get a blood test for it once in awhile,
especially if you're of high northern European descent, as it's these groups
who are most likely to have problems absorbing B12.

Sherri