Good people:  I have been advised that I will be needing bi-pass surgery
(open heart) sometime soon.

My concern is that anaesthetic  management is especially difficult in a
Parkinsonian; in particular, control of rigidity, etc while maintaining
gastric suction and nothing-by-mouth..

Who is in charge of oral medications when the patient is "off"?

I'm sure that we have P-D persons who have been thru this
rock and a hard place during the past few years; and all responses will be
acknowleged promptly.

Thanks for your help......                            Dave n Lyn

P.S.: Dawn in Australia          confirm your fine letter
                                              hope I do as well