From:   Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf of Tony
Schoonenberg
Sent:   Monday, February 19, 1996 1:22 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        pal

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.8795.emout06.mail.aol.com.824764955

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.8795.emout06.mail.aol.com.824764955

Hi my name is TONY SCHOONENBERG.  Yes the same one that works with Dr. IA=
CONO
(THE WORLDS BEST Parkinson's DOC>). Anyway I have remained mute through t=
he
years.  But now is the time to speak out! I have had the curse called PAR=
KINSONS for dam near =

10 years. I had to give up my job as a respiratory theraspt because of it=
, dam near lost my wife
and family to it. Came close to loosing my dignity as a human because of =
it. Would wake up every
2hrs with nightmares, freeze for 20min to 1hr every  day. Sweat so much I=
 would change my shirt 3 times a day. In spite of this I contend to work =
with DR. IACONO. Killing this curse is my passion! I tried =

every that  I could find. Finally for the last 2 months I would function =
for about 2 hr. at a time
with 20min off time. Finally my on jan.27 1996 I had a left pallidotomy i=
nto the hospital  7am.
Had an MRI at 8am was in OR until noon. Took a 3hr nap (the first time I =
slept that long in 6 month)
at 3pm I was in my office checking my mail and making phone calls. At  5p=
m I had a post op MRI.
By 7pm I was home with my kids. Starting my new life! I was back at work =
with Dr. IACONO
the next day at 9am. I have contuned  to improve no freezing, nightmares,=
 sweating , the only thing
that happens if I forget my meds I get very slow. Now for those people wh=
o don't believe in pallidotomy!
Let me say this (YOU COULD HAVE SHOT MY THROUGH THE CENTER OF THE SUN IF =
THERE
WAS ANY CHANCE OF ME FEELING AS GOOD AS I FEEL NOW AND I WOULD HAVE DONE =
IT) and for those who will say "But we don't know what will happen to you=
 in 10 or 20 years?"
(WE WILL JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT WONT WE? BUT IF IS AS GOOD AS IT HAS BEEN =
SO FAR =

WATCH OUT!)
=0D

TONY SCHOONENBERG
MOVEMENT DISORDERS TEAM
LOMA LINDA MEDICAL CENTER

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.8795.emout06.mail.aol.com.824764955--