From:   Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf of shirley
Castles
Sent:   Monday, February 19, 1996 7:41 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Introduction and question

Allow me to briefly introduce my self.

I am the Parkinson's Disease Resource person in Oklahoma City and surrounding
 area.  I am employed by Mercy Health Center and have been facilitating the
 support groups and writing the monthly newsletter for 5 years.

I do not have Parkinson's disease but over the years I have made many good
 friends of parkinsonians and their families.

I joined this newsgroup at the encouraging of John Cottingham. I thank him for
 putting me in touch with such a great group of folks.  The support and
genuine
 concern for each other flows over and through this network.  I am encouraging
 my folks to go "on line" and get involved with others who are afflicted with
 Parkinson's.

Here is my question --  one of my clients has been accepted for surgery
 (palidotomy) in Loma Linda.  They are now on the "official" waiting list.  It
 may be a year or more before surgery.  They have asked Dr. Ioccona if he
would
 recommend someone else who does this surgery.  He recommended several
doctors.
 The ones they are most interested in are at the St. Louis University Health
 Science Center.-- Dr. Jamie Henderson and Dr. Buckoltz.

Does any one know of either of these doctors and their success rate?

Keep up the good work!!!

Shirley Castles

Name: Shirley Castles
E-mail: Shirley Castles<[log in to unmask]>
Date: 02/19/96
Time: 19:41:38

This message was sent by Chameleon