        TO   Morris Stein

There are a number of situations which change the therapeutic value of
anti-Partinson medications.  Here is a partial list of mine.

Fatigued:  When the body is tired, anti-PD meds do little to change it.

Stressed:  When I am stressed for what ever reason, I think it changes the Ph
balance in the intestine and can significantly change meds value.

Constipated:  In this case the bowel is blocked.  I think the effort of the
bowel system is directed to the constipation problem.  It may mean that the
bowel is shutdown for all I know.  I just know that anti-PD meds have minimal
value until the constipation is resolved.

Under exercised:  It is my guess that muscles that are not exercised get
little attention when it comes to distribution of anti-PD meds.  If the
muscles don't need to move, then the signals in the brain don't send the
stimulation.  This is the use it or lose it problem.

Ill with flu, cold, etc.:   It seems anti-PD meds do not get the priority or
the digestive system is preoccupied with the the affliction.  PD gets second
or lower priority.

Regards,
Alan Bonander
Age 55, Diag 11 yrs, liquid meds, pallidotomy