A little belatedly, I want to make a brief mention of the neural
transplantation program located here in Halifax, Nova Scotia at the Queen
Elizabeth II Medical Centre. Dalhousie University's Medical School is
closely associated with this project.

 Phase II is about to begin and is being headed by Dr. Ivar Mendez and an
excellent team. They are very positive about the importance of their work in
Phase II.

The Nova Scotia Division of the Parkinson Foundation of Canada will be
carrying regular updates on Phase II in its regular Newsletter. The
Newsletter is also posted to the Division's Home Page (URL:
http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Health/NSPF/nsd-pfc.html)

I might add, as well, that Parkinson research at Dalhousie University is
expanding rapidly. Parkinsonians in Nova Scotia and in the Atlantic region
generally are very encouraged by the work Dalhousie researchers are doing
and their contribution to the overall worldwide effort to understand more
about Parkinson's.

So, check out the Nova Scotia newsletter on the Web from time to time for