I wrote:

>>>Tell your friend that I have been diagnosed less than a year, symptomatic
>>>for less than two, and if I have to write more than my signature I use the
>>>computer. I continue to work as an engineering manager in a large,
>>>multi-national corporation, my balance and gait are generally ok, but my
>>>hand hurts so quickly trying to write that I quickly give up.

Someone responded:

>>Richard, when you finally start sinemet, you will probably discover that you
>>can write again without discomfort. Starting on Eldepryl first, in some ways
>>delays the benefits of levodopa....especially when you are trying to remain
>>working.
>>
>>A two week trial on Sinemet would probably verify this and give you and your
>>neuro further information on the cost/benefit ratio.

I responded:

>Thanks so much for your response to my posting. I am a little curious about
>your recommendation to evaluate levodopa use. The common medical wisdom
appears >to be hold off initiation of the drug as long as possible,
especially in light >of my tender years (41). With my symptoms at a level
where I can still >accomodate them, and with so many years (God willing)
that I will need to >continue functioning, it would seem that holding off is
prudent.

>I look forward to your comments.

What's the opinion of you experienced PDers?

Rich Thompson