Dear Friends:  I am looking for the closest Neurologist or doctor who
would specialize in PD.  My father has had PD for about 3 yrs, he is 73.
As I wrote previously I find he is getting worse everyday.  He has gone
from being very active to having a chair lift to get up and down the
stairs.  I think no longer the Canadian Health Coverage will cover a
doctors visit in the U.S.  But also the Veterans Administration has been
very helpful in his needs ie.  walker/ chairlift.  I don't know if anyone
can answer this for me but we are very desperate to find a neurologist
close to him as it is next to impossible to get him  in a vehicle for any
length of time.  Little lone to get him to even leave the house anymore.
My thoughts are if maybe we could get  a doctor even in Michigan close
enough for him. You see I live in East Jordan Mi. about 3 hours from my
father so it is difficult for me to  get information from Canada.  I
would be very grateful to anyone who could help me.  Or if anyone has any
ideas?  Thanks  Colleen Carey [log in to unmask]