Milo:

The medical profession is limited like any other profession.  The human body
and the brain most particularly is regretably and luckily  far more
complicated than any piece of electronic or mechanical equipment.  When I
worked and my instrument failed to perform, I was told to call in the
instrument repairman to fix it within an hour or two rather than for me to
spend a week trying to take it apart.  Yet, my friend the mechanical engineer
took his nose apart to see what made it run...There are too many
imponderables in life...why does cholesterol clog my arteries and not my
neighbors'?  I am waiting to see positive results from fetal transplants
and/or recombinant DNA therapy for genetic cerebroside deficiencies...Of
course, we could discuss this ad infinitum...Be well.
Michel