-- [ From: Virginia Christiansen * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

RE    Patricia Yothers <[log in to unmask]> comments about being tired.

Patricia,

I don't know if your doctor has tested your B-12 level.  Prior to my
husband's being diagnosed with Parkinson, he was "so tired". Very alien
feeling for him.   We researched what we could and blamed it on
medication for irregular heart beat

After he had been diagnosed when we went to a new doctor, he asked if
anyone had said anything about B-12.  He picked up a low level of B-12
in his records and it had slipped through the cracks at an HMO.   The
new doctor explained that B-12 has different meaning to a Neurologist
than to other doctors and that very often people of Scandivian descent
often fail to absorb B-12 through the stomach.  It has made all the
difference in the world to him and a couple of times when his symptons
seemed to worsen, we gave him more B-12 and it helped a great deal.
The B-12 has to be given as shots since the stomach in this case does
not absorb it.

I don't know if this would apply for you, but thought I would share
since you never know.  I feel for your discouragement .... Hang in
there at work as long as you can.  My husband is older than you, but he
did work for a while, then since he had retired and returned work work
because they needed him, he worked part time for a while.  He does take
a nap every afternoon and I believe he does better when he adheres to
this.  He also keeps very busy helping at church and with carpentry and
furniture work.  I've had people trying to persuade me to slow him
down!  They worry about him.  I believe he needs to keep busy within
reason  and our doctor says his patients who walk a lot and keep busy
do better.

About telling your employers .... that's a hard  call.  Ted told
everybody, but many people don't want to tell until they have to.
Idealistic me would want to believe that support would be given to a
valued employee.  Seems to me it would take a lot of energy to bear it
alone.

I pray you make the right decision for you.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, NY