Geert, thanks for your prompt response to our curiosity. I hope you won't
mind answering some more detailed questions, as this procedure is quite
new to me:
-Sounds like the implanted device is the same one made by Medtronic (in
 the US) for thalamus stimulation. True? If different, how?
-For thalamus stimulation I believe the optimum frequency is about 100 Hz.
 What is the frequency of your device?
-How do you decide when it is time to turn the stimulator on? How long do
 you leave it on? When do you decide to turn it off?
-Is the final location of your stimulus probe the same site that would be
 destroyed in a "conventional" pallidotomy? If not, where?
-Do you notice any unusual effects when the stimulator is on?
-Has there been any change in effectiveness since the installation?
-Do you balance your medication dosage against use of the stimulator?
 If so, what is your protocol?
-Do you feel any need for bilateral stimulus? Is that feasible?
-Do you know of any scientific article about pallidal stimulation?

Thanks again for your response. Hope you don't find these additional
questions too troublesome.

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road