At 11:09 AM 2/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>It is an interesting correlation between stress and
>Parkinsons.  My father in law was diagnosed  with
>Parkinsons within a year of losing his second wife to
>cancer.  His first one also died of cancer 20 years earlier.
>
>It was a very stressful time (seven months from diagnosis
>to her death) and he does remember a few odd symptoms
>during the later stages of her illness.
>
>It does make me wonder if stress played a role.
>
>Marion Coady [log in to unmask]

Marion,

Regarding stress and PD - I'm not sure if there is any correllation between
stress and the onset of PD, but I can certainly say that stress agravates the
symptons of existing PD.  Continuous unrelieved stress increases both the
frequency and severity of my panic attacks, and it really pushes me down the
line in terms of depression.  Physical symptoms are likewise accentuated -
my co-workers and family can always tell when the day is going badly.  I
don't know what effect stress and depression have on dopamine levels in the
brain, but Id be interested in hearing from others - Does stress undermine
your medications? Do you change your meds to counteract stress?

Charlie Anjard  47/6
                         Always remember:

  When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember
        that the original objective was to drain the swamp!!