Donald,

Yes, my experience was almost an exact duplicate of your wife's.  I had
had some vague pd symptoms around Christmastime, but my father was the
only one who noticed. On April 18, 1985 - Easter Sunday - my husband
suffered a heart attack.  While he was in the hospital, my best friend
remarked that I was walking as though I had had a stroke.  When I talked
to our doctor, he said that whatever was wrong with me wasn't nearly as
serious as my husband's condition, and that I should concentrate on
getting him better.  My husband has completely recovered, while I, of
course, am deteriorating steadily.  So much for doctors' words of wisdom!

Pat Schark