Alan: :Dr.Duvoisin mentions "a diminished response to an impending fall"
 which I feel describes the situation as I have felt from  the beginning 12
years ago. I wouldn't realize what happened  untilI was on the ground
wondering what happened.
AsI have mentionedhere before,for the last thee years I havebeen walkingthe
straight line between the lanes at the swimming pool, backwardand forward.
Frequently
Itend to lose my balancee,but somehow  I have managed to jerk or move
suddenly
backward arms akimbo and keep my balance. Of course the bouyancy effectof the
water helps. Recently,I have managed to prevent a fall instinctively, it
seems,
when I thought for certain I was going down . I have tried to explain this
 on other
occasions, ... I just think perhaps I must have recovered the instinct to
respond.
Not 100%, mind you, but somewhat.

As  to the vision problem, I am also baffled.  I do not drive,  but sail a
small boat.
In the current issue of PARKINSON REPORT vol.XVI  issue IV : NPF,Inc,
Miami,FLA
in  the article,  "Visual Disturbances in Parkinson's Disease" the authors
delineate
"contrast sensitivity" in PD. It is well worht looking into.

EGO BRUISE in PD I will not discuss just now,thank you ! !
mehmoirs (Mary Manfredi)