Thanks to everyone who helped us with trying to establish EMail from Italy
for my daughter who's studying ther this semester(esp. thanks to Marco Bozzo
& the cousin lawyers of one of our members who are living in Italy). It was
not an easy thing to set up. We thought we had everything lined up.
Compuserve is the only US based service with access from Italy in the area
where my daughter is located. So we got a C.serve account. One must use a
local server in the country of origin to communicate thru C.serve. In Italy
it is called "Seva." Armed with a notebook computer, a special Italian phone
jack adaptor, and her C.serve account, my daughter felt confident she'd have
Email. However, the hotel her group stays in has old wiring with no phone
jacks! so she took her Italian phrase book and found a telephone repair man
to install a phone jack in her room. But then C.serve could not be accessed
due to some compatibility problem with the Seva server. So, not to be
defeated, thru searching the Internet, we found Arezzo Internet which is a
local Italian server. She signed up along with a friend so they could split
the cost ($60 for 3mos.) Now she's the only one in the program who has ever
been successful with establishing EMail and is loving Italy while keeping in
touch with friends and family!

Thanks again to everyone who helped out.

Delana