As individuals began to crowd our Parkie List with their personal sad stories
of a terribly stressful time and/or incident in their life which they felt may

or may not have contributed to their initial onset of PD, I found myself
saying, "Wait a minute.. *I* had something really awful happen just as the PD
symptoms made themself known...."

In preperation to emailing it to the PD Group, I sat down to write about it
and suddenly couldn't type a word.  It struck me that I'd fallen into a
trap... a "compendium of woes & miseries trap."  A trap where I'd end up
reliving a long ago stressful and miserable time in my life, when THAT was not
the goal of this thing we're participating in.

To recount in terrible agonizing detail a tragic personal event, while perhaps

cathartic to whom the story belongs, is depressing to many of those who read
this list for informational purposes, and is conducive to many of the REST of
us to begin wallowing in self-pity for events in our own past, and again.. is
NOT the goal of what we're participating in.

The ONLY thing needed from you and I is a "Yes... there was a terribly
tramautic event at about the time the first PD symptoms showed up," or a
"Nope... no particular stress seemed to bring on my PD symtpoms."

I believe, WE are becoming bogged down in heaps of tales of woes and miseries
and have almost forgotten our main goal.

Respectfully,

Barb Mallut,