        If there is a stress factor associated with PD, it is just as
important to discover this as it is to discuss the link between genetics
and PD or pesticides and PD.  Living with and finding a cure for PD mandates
that we have a total pool of information to work with and not shut our eyes
and ears to things that might make us uncomfortable.  As with any other
disease (or physical impairment), those with PD are asked by their doctors
to provide a history in the hope that better understanding of the cause
will shed some light on the cure.  Many many journal articles about PD try
to examine the causes so that future generations can avoid, if possible, the
same destructive factors.
        Part of the purpose of this list is to share meaningful information
with other sufferers--should this stop at maintenance information?  It seems
to me that any information provides a valuable service to others who are
wondering, worrying, fighting to overcome and that NO information should be
censured.  The fact that this issue has sparked multiple responses is
an indication that several are interested in the issue.
        Those who are uncomfortable with the psychological aspects of PD
can just tune these messages out; for the others who are interested and wish
to have a more complete understanding of the total picture to work with,
these messages are invaluable.
        I say nothing should be off limits if it helps someone else.

Marti Eiermann