My Mom was on Permax but since she changed doctors, he has her on Sinemet
Immediate Release  ONLY, taking 3 tablets every 3 1/2 hrs.  The only other
thing she is taking is Paxil 1 per day for depression.  She is doing much
better than when she was on Sinemet, Permax,Mellaril & something else that I
can't recall the name of.  Her new doc says she is an excellent candidate for
Pallidotomy but prefers to keep that as an option for when he can't tune her
up with medication.  We prefer that option, too, but were ready for the
surgery if he said go ahead.