Hi everybody,
     I wanted to give you another update on Stan's surgery which was done two
weeks ago at Emory.  He had a wonderful week immediately following surgery
and had almost a complete loss of symptoms -  and then came a crash - or a
resumption of the  symptoms which had been so bothersome.  Boy, were we
disappointed, depressed, whatever you want to call it.  We were UPSET.  We
had been told before surgery that this would happen, but I guess one does not
internalize it until it really happens.
      We spoke to people at Emory and were told that it was perfectly normal
to go thru this while the lesion matures and any swelling goes down.  They
said to stay on the original meds, rest,  take it easy and not to worry.  It
could take a few months before we really know what the final result will be.
 So we did just that (relaxed and Stan got a lot of rest), and guess what ,
it has gradually  improved so that it is almost back to the post-op state.
 He is really doing great but he is still taking it easy -  and plans to do
so for awhile.
     He has had the stitches out and is healing very quickly.   His gait has
returned to what I remember before the PD worsened and I believe he is
actually walking on his heels at times.  This morning he was again able to
walk to get his meds instead of using the wheel chair and I have not noticed
any more freezing.
     We are going to Miami to vist some good friends for about 5 days and
that should be condusive to lots of rest, relaxation and fun (maybe even a
little Champagne to celebrate).
     Take care of yourselves,

     Susan Hamburger