Joanne and Mary Ann, thanks for your good replies. DD (my sister-in-law)
spent the night (Bill's second night) in the hospital. I called Bill
yesterday and he said that they had been more responsive to his requests
(demands, more probably), and that he had spent a relatively comfortable
night. DD has a mouth on her :) don't we all-- and I'm sure she was
heard. Regarding the after hospital care, I will get to the social
services dept in the hosp. today and see what the story is. Thanks again
for your input! if you think of anything else, please aim me [us] in the
right direction.
Maryellen in Omaha, and the rest of the Reads in Florida.