Donald D,
Yes, yes, yes.  Stress will do it every time.  My experience is that after
emergency gall bladder surgery in the fall of 1994 I could not recover from
the fatique that stayed with me.  I develped a tremor and by March of 1996
got a diagnosis of Parkinson's.  I was never sick before that but alot of
stress - my parents' dying within four months of each other, my husband
losing his job at age 57 after twenty five years with the company, an adopted
child on drugs and misdirection in her life, finding out I had cataracts that
would need an operation, etc.  Someone else wrote that their Doctor had
suggested when the body was stressed by events or health problems it can
become more susceptible to PD.  Maybe your wife would have showed PD symptoms
anyway but maybe it would have been later in life.  Hope you both are
managing and having a good day
Patricia of [log in to unmask]  age 59,PD 1 year.