Janet P.:

Paris still sounds like fun; I'd carry the money belt and my wife's pharmacy,
 and a baguette (to go with Permax).  I could also be the interpreter, but
one must be particularly aware of politically correct usage of words in
French; note that PD pronounced in French (somewhat like payday) is the
common usage for pederast.  We have some travelers in our local support
group, like experts in German, Spanish, Chinese...If the body is half
willing, I'll drag the rest of it; we did just miss a Caribbean cruise
because of health problems, so I am still Gung Ho for this!!!  Good luck.
Michel