----------
From: Murray,Dan M
To: 'PD ListServ'
Subject: Compound Interest - Satellite conference & Udall Call to Arms
Date: Thursday, February 22, 1996 11:38AM

There seems to be a tremendous opportunity for supporting the Udall
 Bill "Call to Arms" (ref Jim Cordy msg of 2/19/96) via  the satellite
 symposium on "Taking Control of Parkinson's Disease"

At the very least, support groups should mount a letter campaign to
 senators and representatives.  I'd guestimate 100,000 letters are
 required which means each list member needs a 100X multiplier through
 relatives, colleagues, and friends.  No doubt about it - it can be done!!

I wonder if the broadcast announcers, host, or the program itself could
 mention the Udall bill opportunity and ask for audience support.
 After all, taking control of PD is as much mental as meds.

Finally, to the international listners....   do not underplay the
 affect of your letters to key global players such as the  WHO, UN
 Secty General, US Surgeon General, House Speaker Gingrich, or Al Gore
 Senate President Pro Tem.  After all the Udall bill is an investment
 for all mankind not just US citizens.

Jim Cordy...   could you provide a bit more know how and a key player
 address list.