        When Gordon was in the hospital two years ago, Istayed in the room.
I never thought  until now that I was right there to shout for help when
needed--hospital p.j.'s and all. However, I wanted to say HomeHealth Nurses
were wonderful. I arrived on thie door-step at 4 p.m. on a Friday--yes--and
got him home Monday.
        I didn't know such services were available--when I hear of an
acquaintance who has suddenly becomea care-giver--I go by their office and
mail out the brochures.
        Anyway I utilized them all--the bath person, the nursing care, the
social worker who just listened and could provide us with a list of
reputable people to help.
Their function is to help people at home and keep them out of nursing homes,
        This had nothing to do with Gordon's thalomodomies, in case I'm
scaring anyone.