Hello Everyone!  This question has been posed by more than one of us this
week in light of the discussion about posting tales of woe and about the
numerous posts we all get in general. Well, I've been thinking about this all
day after never having given it much thought before. In the short run, I
joined this list because I was curious and felt I might contribute and learn
from it but I didn't really know what to expect in the long run. Now I know
what I expect and I want to pose the question to ALL of you and would like to
see everyone post a reponse...brief...like a phrase or a couple of words just
expressing why you as an individual think we are here together. If everyone
gives their reason(s) then we'll all know as a group how we envision our
purpose. Here's mine:

I think first and foremost, we are here to SHARE --- our experience, our
knowledge, and our inquires. Having shared, we then LEARN from each other
more about the many faces of PD and how to cope with it and hence, don't feel
so alone in handling the challenge. That sums it up for me.

In order to get to this point, (and I am no analyst) it seems that most need
to share part or all of their own story (which may well be one of woe) not
only to introduce themselves  to the list, but also as a chance to let off a
little steam and frustration before they can go on to relate to others and
share in the discourse.

At any rate, I hope everyone will respond with a line or 2 about their views
on the purpose of the list. We might be collectively surprised at the variety
of answers.

Best to all,

Delana Vaughan